Looking for Best Xeon Processor for Gaming? You are at the right place, we have included all the Xeon processors that are best suited for all kind of low-end and high-end gaming.
The processor is like a heart to your CPU as it is responsible for the tasking and programs you run on your computer. If you are here, then you must have heard about the Intel Xeon processors and how they can be good for gaming in a limited budget.
The Xeon Processors from Intel were mainly built for workstations and server machines, but when the gaming enthusiasts tried them on for playing their favorite games, they found some extraordinary results.
Since then, It was not long that Xeon started to become a gamers choice as it was budget friendly with the highest cores and threads needed for gaming.
Table Of Content
- Why You Should Choose Xeon Processors:
- Advantages Of Xeon Processor For Gaming:
- How To Choose Best Xeon Processor For Gaming:
- List Of Best Xeon Processor For Gaming:
- 1. INTEL XEON E5 2690 v3 – Best Xeon Processor For Gaming
- 2. INTEL XEON E5 2760 v3 – Best Alternate Xeon Processor For Gaming
- 3. INTEL XEON E5 2678 v3 – Best Budget Xeon Processor For Gaming
- 4. INTEL XEON E5 2690 v4 – Best Performance Xeon Processor For Gaming
- 5. INTEL XEON E5 2699 v4 – Best Overclock Xeon Processor For Gaming
- Conclusion – Best Xeon Processor For Gaming
Why You Should Choose Xeon Processors:
Intel Xeon processors are still best selling as they deliver the finest and enhanced performance all over. They hold a large number of cores and enhanced ram functions which allow the processor to deliver the finest processing power and speed.
The Xeon processors can easily handle multi-tasking, heavy computing and they deliver a decent gaming performance too. But first let’s know more about the buying guide so you should know how to choose the right processor that matches, according to your other PC specification.
Advantages Of Xeon Processor For Gaming:
- Supports ECC RAM
- Larger amounts of RAM are supportable
- Extra cache memory
- Higher core and thread counts
- Dual CPUs advantage
- More PCI-E lanes are supported
How To Choose Best Xeon Processor For Gaming:
When you are planning to buy a processor for your CPU you need to consider somethings that will help you choose the right and compatible processor that delivers the desirable performance. Below are the listings that will help you purchase an exact and powerful processor for your PC.
COMPATIBILITY WITH YOUR MOBO SOCKET
If you are looking forward to purchasing an Intel Xeon processor then the first thing you should do is know the compatibility of your motherboard with the processors and the socket type of where the processor chip is inserted, so that you can purchase the right processor that fits in and works the best with your PC specification.
PROCESSING SPEED (I.E CORES AND THREADS)
When buying a processor that is completely compatible with your system the next thing you should do is find out the processing speed of the processor and how many cores and threads it has because that is what going to decide the performance you get whether if it’s about gaming or performing heavy-duty tasks on your computer.
Once you find out the specification and compatibility of your mobo, you need to look for the processor that has a suitable chip type that matches with your mobo processor socket to avoid any inconvenience.
As you know different processors require different power consumption and that is why you must install a PSU that is compatible with your desired processor TDP to avoid any inconvenience.
List Of Best Xeon Processor For Gaming:
Now if you are looking for a Xeon processor that delivers a decent performance when it comes to gaming then you have to be very picky because the Intel Xeon processors are built for the workstations and server machines but still, there are some processor available that delivers an impeccable gaming experience too.
Below are the listings of processor that delivers the finest performance among all Xeon processors when it comes to gaming.
1. INTEL XEON E5 2690 v3 – Best Xeon Processor For Gaming
The impeccable Intel Xeon E5 2690 v3 has 12 cores and 24 threads in hyper-threading mode along with the basic clock speed of 2.6 GHz frequency and the overclocked clock speed is 3.50 GHz.
The following product is also called bestselling because of the enhanced performance it provides as compared to the other processors that come under the same price. Let’s have a look at the leading characteristics of this product
- The following product has a good benchmark rating
- Delivers enhanced performance all over whether if it’s about heavy-duty tasks or gaming
- The chip can run up to 1000 enhanced graphical games with a good performance
- Supports the DDR4 RAM of 1600/1866/2133 MHz
- The product supports the impeccable number of maximum memory size 768 GB
- The power consumption or TDP is 135 Watt
- The product has 4 max memory channels
- The maximum core temperature is 89.9° C, which is a good number while performing heavy tasks or enhanced graphical gaming.
- The product holds 30 MB of cache, which is a really handy thing when it comes to gaming.
- Value for money
2. INTEL XEON E5 2760 v3 – Best Alternate Xeon Processor For Gaming
The Intel Xeon E5 2760 is a strong and a good choice for gaming and heavy-duty tasks. The processor holds 12 cores and 24 threads. The processor base frequency is 2.30 GHz which can be overclocked to 3.10 GHz.
The Intel XEON E5 2760 is the best mid-range gaming processor that delivers a pretty decent performance. Let’s find out what are the characteristics of this impeccable processor
- The product has impeccable benchmark results
- Product has 30 MB smart cache which helps in delivering overall better performance
- The product supports the maximum memory size of 768 GB which is a really good number
- The processor supports DDR4 RAM Of 1600/1866/2133 MHz
- The product’s maximum temperature is 84.5° C when under heavy load
- Product has flawless advanced hyperthreading technology
- Product has impeccable turbo boost technology.
- 4 Maximum memory channels are supported
- The maximum number of memory bandwidth is 68 GB/s
- The required TDP is 120W
3. INTEL XEON E5 2678 v3 – Best Budget Xeon Processor For Gaming
The INTEL XEON E5 2678 v3 is equivalent to Intel core i9-108050K is some features and it delivers an enhanced gaming performance whereas the specification is pretty impeccable too.
The product has a base frequency of 2.5 GHz and the turbo frequency is 3.10 GHz along with 12 cores and 24 threads and the smart cache of 30 MB makes it extra perfect. Below are the product’s more characteristics and specifications.
- The following product is 64-bit supported
- The product has passed every benchmark test and delivered good results with different specification
- Supports the impeccable DDR4 RAM
- The socket type is LGA2011-v3
- Basic power consumption of this impeccable product is 120W
- The product supports the great and advanced features like hyperthreading and virtualization
- Multiprocessing feature is supported which makes the product extra useful
- Supports the advanced dual CPU feature
- Delivers equivalent performance as the Core i9 in some factors.
4. INTEL XEON E5 2690 v4 – Best Performance Xeon Processor For Gaming
The Intel XEON E5 2690 v4 is counted in one of the most expensive and high-end processors that delivers the finest performance in all individuals (i.e gaming, multi-tasking, heavy computing).
The Intel XEON E5 has an impeccable base clock of 2.60 which can be maxed out to 3.50 GHz. The 14 cores and 28 threads make the processor super-fast and convenient for every task.
Let’s find out more characteristics of the following product
- The exquisite processor can support up to 1.5 TB of memory
- Following processor supports the DDR4 RAM of 1600/1866/2133/2400 MHz
- The 76.8 GB/s of memory bandwidth is pretty impeccable too
- Supports the advanced hyper-threading technology
- The following processor is 64-bit supported
- Advanced virtualization technology is also supported
- The CPU socket type is LGA2011-3
- The impeccable product requires the TDP of 135 W
- The maximum supported memory channel number is 4
- Product’s maximum claimed temperature is 89° C
- Delivers the finest performance when it comes to gaming
- Delivers exact performance as the core i7 8th gen do
5. INTEL XEON E5 2699 v4 – Best Overclock Xeon Processor For Gaming
The impeccable Intel XEON e5 2699 v4 is compatible with core i9-9900K E in some features and delivers a great performance equivalent to the core i9.
The base clock frequency of the following processor is 2.20 GHz which can be maxed out to 3.60 GHz. 55 MB of smart Intel cache is supported to maximize the gaming and heavy-duty task performances. Below are the other impeccable characteristics of the following product.
- Supports the maximum 1.5 TBs of memory at one time
- The DDR4 RAM of 1600/1866/2133/2400 MHz is supported
- Maximum processor temperature is 79° C when under heavy load
- Impeccable Intel turbo boost 2.0 technology is supported
- The advanced feature of hyper-threading technology is available
- Supports advanced virtualization
- Maximum number of channels is 4
- The socket type is LGA2011-3
- Requires TDP of 145 W
Conclusion – Best Xeon Processor For Gaming
As you know every task you perform on your PC is dependent on the processor. The processor chip is like the heart of your PC. It helps in processing the tasks, delivering the performance accordingly, etc.
Choosing the right processor is important to get the performance that you desire. However, the processor is not the entire component that helps but it plays an important role in processing.
We will help you choose the right XEON processor for your PC in order to ease down your worries. The products we have listed are high-end and are really good for gaming and overall experiences. Read the article completely and you will find out the complete specification of the listed products and how they perform when it comes to gaming.