Discord is designed for gaming so that the gamers can communicate with each other and share screens.
But due to the fantastic discord features, many other people who are not related to gaming have also started using discord frequently.
Discord is a broad application; therefore, it may face problems once in a while. One common issue that many new users witnessed is: Discord Notification Sound Not Working Issue.
This issue is quite common, so we decided to create a guide to fix the Discord Notification Sound Not Working Issue.
Many issues can cause this problem, and each issue requires different steps to resolve it. We will cover all the possible reasons and provide methods to fix each of them.
Let’s start fixing.
Fix: Discord Notification Sound Not Working:
We have collected all possible solution to fix discord sound not working issue that will help you resolve this problem within few steps.
However, before you start fixing this issue, we recommend restarting your computer earlier to refresh your Windows operating system. This uncomplicated step usually fixes multiple prominent errors.
Many different circumstances may provoke discord sound not working issue, from an incorrect setting to buggy software. We advise you to try each one the fixes below to find out which one works best for you.
Fix 1: Setup Output Device Correctly
In some cases, the issue is related to the type of output device you are using. When you cannot hear anything, the sound is possibly redirected to another device.
Adjust the audio configuration with following steps so you can listen to the sound.
- Open your Discord application.
- At the left side (Lower bottom) you will see User setting option – Click on It. (Also denoted by an acceleration symbol)
- Now, Click on the Voice & Video option.
- Of the drop-down menu at the Output window, Pick your Output Device.
- You can choose the default device or your device from the menu.
- Then, click on the cross button in the corner to close it.
Fix 2: Make Sure To Turn off the Streamer Mode
Another way to fix the issue is to disable the streamer mode. The purpose of this mode is to mask personal details of the gamers when they are streaming gameplay.
Note: Sometimes this option is overlooked due to the fact that people do not enable this mode manually. But when you are using OBS/XSplit, it gets enabled automatically. Therefore you need to check for it.
To check this, follow the method below.
- First of all, you need to run the Discord application.
- Then, Find user settings in the left bottom side and click on it.
- Select the Mode of Streamer in setting section of the application.
- Look for the option to Enable or Disable the Streamer Mode. If its enable, Disable It.
- Close it then by clicking on the cross button on right top side corner.
Fix 3: Change Server Setting of Sound
Are you facing sound problem since you installed discord? If yes, there may be something wrong on the server side.
By default you receive sound notification when anyone mentions you. If you wish to change it, and want to receive a message you will need to alter by default options.
To change the audio setting in the server, take the steps below.
- Start Discord application.
- In the left window, go to the server icon and click on it to enter. Make sure its the server that is having problems.
- To receive the message sound from all servers, you must perform these actions for each server.
- Find Notification settings of the menu and Click on It.
- Pick the option of ‘All messages’ from the notification settings of the server.
- Click on Done to save the changes.
I must remind you again if you wish to receive sound notifications from all your servers, you need to perform the above steps for all your servers.
Fix 4: Try Turning on and off Streamer Mode
In case the above methods failed, then you can attempt to switch it on manually and then disable it.
Several users have fixed the problem with the help of this solution. Use the steps below, they are same as method 2 except few change.
- Open Discord application.
- Go to the user settings in the bottom left and. Its denoted as a gear symbol.
- Now, Go to the Streamer mode in Setting section of the application.
Check that the Enable Streamer mode option is on or off. This option must be off for you (if you have followed the instructions in Method 2).
- Then, Turn on Streamer Mode option
- Click now on the Close button (cross) in the top right corner.
- Open app again and follow same above steps to reach Streamer Mode.
- Now you need to disable this option.
If turning On and Off failed to solve the problem, then follow the steps below.
- In Streamer Mode, Disable the Auto power on/off option
- Turn on the Streamer mode option
- Now click on the Close button (cross) in the upper right corner.
Fix 5: Update Windows And Discord Application
A bug can cause many issues, including notification sound not working problem.
After trying above methods, if the issue is still not resolved, your discord application or windows possibly contains some bugs creating this issue.
No worries, we can fix all bugs in windows and discord just by updating them.
Follow these steps mentioned below to do that:
- Hold and press the Windows and I Key simultaneously.
- Click on Updates & Security option.
- Then, Click on Check for updates options.
Updating the Discord application is quite simple. All you need to do is press a few buttons, and your app will update itself.
Here’s how you can do it.
- Open Discord Application.
- Keep the focus on the Discord app, Press and hold the CTRL and then press R Key.
Above action will automatically renew all updates and fix minor bugs. You may not see any notifications or visible change as this update is small but trust me; it is highly useful.
Check if the issue is fixed or not.
You’ll also like: