Discord due to its various features is very famous among the gaming society. One such feature is Screen sharing due to which gamers can share the screen with their friends.
You can share not only the game but various other windows applications as well like Chrome etc.
But since this feature has been announced, a number of users have complained that Audio doesn’t work. So if you are facing the same issue, here are some ways to get rid of this issue.
Fix: Discord Screen Share Audio Not Working
Unable to listen audio during screen sharing could be frustrating. Luckily, we have all the solutions to fix this problem.
Let’s begin fixing!
Fix 1: Make sure You have Grant Elevated Access:
With screen sharing feature, some other functions you share with your friends thus t it forces privacy issues. So the application might not be able to work under normal conditions. You need to grant administrative rights. Here is how to do that:
- To open the File explorer, simultaneously press the Windows + R key. Now go to the folder where Discord is installed (Usually in C drive).
- Click with the right mouse button on the .exe file and select properties.
- Select the tab Compatibility in Properties and mark Run this program as administrator.
- Press Apply to save the changes and try to rerun it.
Fix 2: Must Add your Activity
If the above feature doesn’t work, then you need to use the built-in feature that was released to solve this issue. This feature allows the computer to realise that you are trying to share the screen. Here is how to do that.
- Launch the Discord Application and then navigate to the settings.
- In the settings, click on the Entry of games located in the left navigation bar.
- Now you need to go to the Game activity and add the application there. Make sure not to run Discord as an Administrator and remove all other games included in the activity.
- In case the problem persists, enable the Overlay function.
Fix 3: Try Using Push to Talk
This feature allows you to use the Push to Talk function instead of letting discord automatically showing you an audio activity. With Push talk, you only need to press a key manually to transmit the sound.
Fix 4: Make Sure To Avoid Full Screen
We encountered a rare bug that occurred when the screen-sharing tool failed to function correctly in full-screen mode. In some way, this was contrary to Discord about rights and game access and prevented the audio from broadcasting properly.
Another thing you can try is to run the game in a minimized form. Before you attempt it, make sure to restart your computer.
This step is easy; all you need to do is change the in-game settings and switch the video option to Window mode, and adjust the sides in applications.
Fix 5: Don’t Forget To Check Affected Application.
Another reason might be that the game uses multiple processes to run due to which it might not be compatible with discord.
So the screen that you are sharing might not be the one that controls audio. If this is the issue, then there is nothing that you can do unless the discord teams find out a solution.
Fix 6: Reinstall Faulty or Corrupted Audio Drivers
The audio drivers connect the hardware to the software to make the audio work. One problem you might have is that your drivers are outdated, so you need to update them. Find out how to do that.
- Press Windows + R at the same time and then type “devmgmt.msc” in the dialog box and press Enter.
- In the device manager, expand the category of Audio inputs and outputs with a left-click of the mouse.
- Then right-click on the sound hardware and Uninstall.
- At this point, you need to install the standard audio driver. Right-click anywhere on the screen and select Scan for Hardware changes. This step will install the required driver automatically.
- Reboot your computer now to make the changes and find out if the problem is fixed.
- In case the problem persists, Refresh the drivers according to the procedure mentioned above and instead of clicking on install the driver, click on Update driver in the last step.
Fix 7: Don’t Forget to Clear Discord Cache/Roaming Data
The presence of corrupted cache or temporary files can also be another factor. That is why you need to erase all that cache. To do so, follow the steps below.
- Exit Discord and exit all pending Discord operations using Task Manager. You can start the Task Manager by pressing CTRL+Shift+Esc.
- Press the Windows key and type Run. Click Run in the list to open the Run command window.
- Now enter %appdata% the next task in the Run Task window:
- The Discord folder is available in the Roaming folder of AppData. Once you have found it, right-click the folder and select Delete.
- Reboot your computer now and Restart Discord to confirm if the problem is successfully solved or not.
Fix 8: When nothing worked: Try Reinstalling/Updating Discord
You can also reinstall or update Discord to the latest version. Read below how you can do that.
- Press Windows + R, in the dialog box type “appwiz.cpl” and press Enter.
- Once you are in the application manager, look for the Discord file entry. Now right-click on it and select Delete.
- Now reboot your computer again completely. Then, browse to Discord’s official website and download the client to an easily accessible location.
- Finally, reinstall the application and reboot your computer.
- Verify that the problem is solved.
Fix 9: Check Computer Audio Settings
If all of the above method failed to fix audio issue for you, you computer is possibly facing audio setting problem.
Luckily, we can fix it with the steps below.
Before everything else, we need to configure microphone settings properly.
- For microsoft configuration, you need to press Windows key + S and then type Microsoft privacy settings in the bar and then click on the first result named as Privacy settings
- Once it’s opened. Make sure the privacy settings for application is enabled.
- There you can also see the all application that has microphones access. Make sure application you wish to use microphone on is available in the list. If not, add it.
- Save the changes and exit.
- Now you need to restart discord and find if the issue is resolved or not.
If you’re still facing this problem, don’t worry follow steps below to enable correct device for recording.
- Right-click on the available sound icon and then click on Sounds.
- Next, select the Recording tab and then select the appropriate recording device.
- If the wrong device is selected, right-click on the appropriate device and choose Enable and set it as the default device.
- Now save the settings and exit.
- Reboot your PC and Run Discord. Check if the problem is resolved.
Still unable to share audio? Please check with the web version of Discord on any browser installed in your computer.
You’ll also like: