Minecraft has been around for as long as we can remember! It is also the highest-selling game of all time! It is still popular all around the world due to the brilliant experience it provides to gamers.
Microsoft currently owns Minecraft after buying it in 2014 and solved many issues. Still, several issues could come up as you play this game.
To tackle one such obstacle, the “Internal Server Error” in Minecraft, we have created this guide. So, sit back and try these solutions, which might potentially solve your problem quickly within few steps.
What Is the reason behind “Internal Server Error” In Minecraft?
Minecraft can cause many errors while you try to play like LAN Not Working On Minecraft or Connection Refused Error. Internal Server Error usually arises when your game fails to connect with the server due to technical problems.
Luckily, we managed to find the reason behind this issue, mostly related to the installation of your Minecraft game. Here’s a list of popular reasons that can cause ‘Internal Server Error” in Minecraft.
- Bad User Profiles UUIDs
- Mod Packs
- Corrupt Installation
Before we begin, Here is the guide we previously written to Fix: Minecraft not responding issue.
How To Fix Minecraft Internal Server Error Issue?
Here we will fix the above issues in a step by step process. However, before you begin troubleshooting steps to resolve “Internal Server Error” we recommended restarting your computer.
Fix 1: Delete User Profile
When you start facing “Internal server error” for no reason, it is likely related to your user profile. Here in this step, we will delete your user profile and install UUIDs from an external source.
Don’t worry; deleting the user profile does not delete any permanent data and can be recreated. To delete the user profile:
- First, you need to go to the MCCUID Offical Website to get the UUID.
- Now log into the server, go to the server files, and then go to the ‘world.’
- Then select players and delete the username and UUID, which is showing the error message.
- Now restart the computer and try to connect to the server.
If the issue persists, move to the next step.
Fix 2: You should try disabling the mods.
Mods can help gamers achieve an enhanced and better gaming experience. However, they can also cause problems, such as the internal server error. Therefore, disabling them is a viable option to resolve this issue. Here is a series of steps to disable mods:
- Launch the Minecraft launcher.
- Go to the profile editor tab and find the profile you want to delete.
- You must now right-click on the profile and click on the delete profile option.
- Then, press the delete profile.
- Close the Minecraft launcher.
- Now press the Windows and R key.
- Type in ‘%appdata%’ and then click on Ok.
- Go to the ‘Minecraft’ and then the ‘.versions’ folder.
- You must now search for the folder version, which has the mod you want to delete.
- Delete the mod.
Also, go through our article on Minecraft OpenGL Error 1281.
Fix 3: Uninstall and then reinstall Minecraft
The last resort in case you do not find the solutions mentioned above, to work for you, is to try uninstalling and reinstalling the game. This step is one of the simplest, yet one of the most useful tips when you do not have any other options working for you. To uninstall and then reinstall the game follow the steps mentioned below:
- Press the Windows logo key and the R key on your keyboard simultaneously to pop up for the Run box.
- Type in ‘appwiz.cpl’ and click on the Enter key.
- Uninstall Minecraft by right-clicking on it and selecting Uninstall.
- Follow Step 1 again and then type ‘%appdata%’ when the Run Box pops up. Then press Enter.
- Now, right-click on the ‘.Minecraft’ folder and select the Delete option to delete all game-related files.
- Restart your computer.
- Go to the Official Minecraft Website, and download & install the game again.
Native Launcher is a great way to install or update the game, but sometimes you can face Unable to Update Minecraft Native Launcher Error. Therefore, we recommend installing Minecraft manually.
One of the most frequent issues which annoy millions of players worldwide is the “Internal Server Error,” which we tried to cover in this guide. We hope these steps managed to fix this issue for you.
If you’re facing any issue with any game or computer, please contact us and we’ll try our best to create a guide to resolve such an error for you.