NVIDIA’s latest graphics cards are a serious step up from what came earlier. It’s not just a case of “oh, new graphics card better than the old one” Nvidia’s new Pascal cards are real progress at both the top and lower end of the range.
However, they can still create some problems when you try to play your favorite game. Specifically “Screen Tearing Issue” that we’re going to discuss in this article.
Screen tearing issue arises when monitors and graphics are either not compatible with each other or not working efficiently.
If you are here, this means you are using an Nvidia graphics card and facing a screen tearing issue. Here In this article, I will cover all the screen tearing solutions in detail so you can play your favorite game without any trouble.
The methods below are the best way to explore the easy and highly safe solutions related to graphics.
Let’s begin fixing all possible problems behind it so you can get rid of screen tearing issues completely.
How Do I Fix NVIDIA Screen Tearing Issue On Windows 10?
Screen Tearing can happen even if you are using an expensive NVIDIA card.
To resolve this problem efficiently, I am going to share some of my own experiences with you. They will help you to understand tearing issues and their solutions better as well.
Fix 1: Update Your Graphics Driver
Outdated graphics drivers can cause many display problems, including screen tearing. Therefore, It’s essential to update your driver as soon as the new update is released.
Let me explain to you how you can easily update your driver automatically within a few steps.
- First, hold on to the Window key + R button from the keyboard to open Run command.
- Now, type ‘devmgmt.msc’ in the search bar and press Enter.
- Device manager will open with above step.
- Use the cursor to go the Display adapter and Right click on it.
- In the drop down you’ll see your graphics driver; Right click on it and Click on Update.
Fix 2: Turn off the game mode.
The game mode is offered by Windows 10 to improve the user experience. You can save favorite moments during your game with game mode, but sometimes it can also create some problems.
To fix the tearing issues efficiently and relatively quickly, try to run the game by turning off the game mode and see if the problem persists.
Follow these steps to turn off Game Mode.
- Press Windows Key and I Key simultaneously to open the settings.
- Go to the Gaming option.
- Now, Switch the Game mode off (as picture below)
- Restart your computer to see if the tearing issue is resolved.
Fix 3: Turn Off Screen Optimization
Disabling full-screen optimization is one of the possible ways to deal with this problem.
If you are still facing the same issue after turning off the game mode, try the screen optimization.
- Find the game icon and right click on it to open Properties.
- Now, go to the compatibility mode.
- Disable the full screen optimization in compatibility mode.
- Reboot your system to apply these changes.
Fix 4: Resolution Change
Changing the resolution could be tricky if you know nothing about it, but that’s why we’re here to help you.
Follow these steps to deal with resolution and get rid of all tearing issues.
- Press Windows Key + S Key to open search option.
- Now, you need to type resolution and click on the top result as you can see in the picture below.
- Scroll down and select Advanced Display Options below.
- Again scroll down in new open tab, and Click on Display Adapter Properties for Display 1.
- A new windows will open, Click on List All Modes under Adapter Tab.
- Pick a suitable resolution that is compatible with your display configuration.
- When you’re done with above steps, Restart your PC to allow system to make changes.
If you want to resolve your issue quickly; Lowering resolution for videos and games is the best possible option.
Triple buffering is also very important if you know how to do it. If the application allows you to make such changes, then you must go for it.
If your application seems affected, then dealing it with care is vital. Enabling options like hardware acceleration could also help working it efficiently.
What is Screen Tearing?
Screen tearing happens when a particular image starts appearing from multiple frames. You can stop it by taking care of the rate of your monitor. How much time it is taking to refresh the video settings.
Does Screen Tearing Hurt Monitor or Graphics Card?
No, it doesn’t. Screen tearing may look like the monitor will die, but don’t worry; it won’t happen. The screen tearing occurs when your monitor and card are not synced together well. With the above solutions, you can fix this issue quickly.
Does high FPS cause screen tearing?
Screen tearing mainly occurs when the frame rate exceeds your monitor’s refresh rate. For example, on a 60Hz display with V-Sync on, dropping below 60 FPS will force your frame rate to 30 FPS (60Hz/2=30 FPS).
Please let us know any of these procedures worked for you in the comment section below.
If you’re facing any issue with any game or computer, please contact us, and we’ll try our best to create a guide to resolve such an error for you.
Recommended For You: