Table Of Content
- How To Fix: Roblox Error Code 6 (Easy Way)
- WHAT IS ROBLOX ERROR CODE 6?
- WHY AM I GETTING ROBLOX ERROR CODE 6?
- How to Fix: Roblox error code 6?
- FINAL WORDS:
How To Fix: Roblox Error Code 6 (Easy Way)
Are you tired of seeing Roblox error code 6 on your screen?
Are you unable to login into your Roblox account as before?
Are you worried about what caused Roblox error code 6 and how to fix it?
You are in the right place; here in this article, we will discuss all possible solutions to Roblox error code 6.
According to many users, this error is quite common and can be fixed within a few steps.
But before we begin, let’s find out why error code 6 occurs and what it means.
WHAT IS ROBLOX ERROR CODE 6?
Roblox error occurs mainly when the gamer is unable to launch Roblox. The reason behind this issue could be poor internet connection or the presence of viruses in the software.
You can also face Error Code 6 when there is something wrong with the game launcher.
This means that the error is entirely technical and only arises when there’s something technically wrong.
So no matter how hard you try, Roblox will not launch unless the Roblox error 6 is fixed.
WHY AM I GETTING ROBLOX ERROR CODE 6?
As I said above, “An error occurred while starting ROBLOX; Details: … Error Code: 6” occurs when your Internet connection is poor or an antivirus detection.
It’s obvious when your Internet is poor, and you may not be able to launch the game.
If your Internet is working fine, this indicates either your antivirus is blocking Roblox or the launcher has some problem.
Here are the possible reasons behind Roblox Error Code 6:
Antivirus Detections: When you install applications like antivirus, it may cause errors such as “An error occurred while starting ROBLOX; Details: … Error Code: 6”.
What actually happens is,
Antivirus stops Roblox from launching when it notices any suspicious activity. Therefore, we advised you to disable your antivirus and relaunch ROBLOX to see if this will fix error code 6.
Faulty Launcher: We always recommend to download the launcher from the Official Roblox Website. When you download the launcher from other untrusted sources, it could be faulty, and you may witness Error code 6.
Internet Connection: When you have a poor connection, you cannot launch Roblox successfully. It is also possible that your Internet DNS cache is corrupted.
We previously created a guide on fixing Roblox Error Code 267.
How to Fix: Roblox error code 6?
Error code 6 has the most straightforward solutions.
You may think, which steps do I need to follow?
We recommend following each of the steps as they will remove future errors as well.
Let’s begin fixing!
Fix 1: Modify Roblox IPv4 configuration
When any of the Ipv4 configurations are not modified and improved, the Roblox error code 6 is likely to rise.
That is why you need to make sure your IPv4 is properly modified to launch Roblox properly.
Here’s how you can change it:
- Open the Control Panel by pressing Windows Key + R and then type Control Panel and hit Enter.
- Click Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Change Adapter Settings.
- Right-click the network adapter and click Properties.
- Double-click Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP / IPv4).
- Select the Use the following IP address option.
- Then, Type “220.127.116.11” in the first box and “18.104.22.168” in the other box and then select OK to confirm.
Fix 2: Try Switching Roblox Account
Sometimes Error code 6 occurs only on a specific Roblox account.
That is why you need to switch your Roblox account with your friend and check if the situation remains. You can also change your browser to check if the Roblox is working or not.
Fix 3: Run Roblox in compatibility mode
If you are having issues launching the Roblox game. You can launch the game successfully by making it run in the compatibility mode.
To do this, follow these steps given here:
- Go to the Roblox Website and download the official version.
- Once downloaded, Right-click on the file and click on Properties.
- Then, click on the Compatibility tab and then mark a check on “Run this in Compatibility mode.”
- Later pick your installed Windows from the drop-down menu to proceed with the setup ahead.
Many users claimed Roblox error code 6 sometimes arises when they launch a game from a restricted network.
That is why you need to try downloading it from a less restricted network in order to avoid the error.
Fix 5: Make sure internet connection is Stable
You must make sure your internet connection is stable and contain enough bandwidth to run Roblox smoothly.
A poor internet connection will keep causing the Roblox error code 6.
Roblox recommends a minimum of 6Mbps, and if you want to keep things maintained, you should get a connection of atleast 10Mbps bandwidth.
Also, read our guide on how to fix error code 279.
Fix 6: Disable anti virus & Firewall
You need to check your antivirus and firewall settings, mainly because sometimes they detect Roblox as malware and blocks it.
That is why you have to disable antivirus and firewall to see if the issue gets resolved.
Here is how you can disable popular antiviruses like Mcafee and Kaspersky.
- Start with Right-clicking the McAfee icon on the bottom-right corner of your desktop screen.
- Now, Select Change settings > Real-time Scanning from the menu.
- Go to the Real-Time Scanning status window, and click the Turn OFF button.
- You can also select when you intend to resume Real-Time Scanning. It is advisable to use the drop-down menu to select “when I restart my PC.” To confirm your choice, click on the Disable button.
You can also witness Roblox Error Code 277 due to the antivirus.
- Double-click to open Kaspersky Anti-Virus.
- Now, move your cursor to the bottom part of the application window.
- Click on the option of Settings.
- If the application is password-protected, provide the password and check the Save Password box for the ongoing session in the Settings tab.
- Click on the Next
- Now go to the Additional section in the Settings window.
- Select the option of Self-Defense in the right frame
- Also, select or clear the Enable Self-Defense checkbox in the Self-Defense settings tab.
- An Attention window will Pop-Up now.
- In the final step, click Continue and close the main application window.
For Avast: Follow this guide to disable.
Once you have disabled antivirus, relaunch Roblox and see if the issue persist.
Fix 7: Reinstall Roblox
When you have tried all above methods but still the issue is not resolved. There is no solution left other than reinstalling Roblox on your computer.
Follow these steps to do so:
You can reinstall roblox with the following steps.
- Go to the Start Menu.
- Click or search for “Control Panel.”
- Find “Programs and Features” (or click “Uninstall a program” under the Programs section).
- You should see a list of the programs on your computer. Scroll down and find Roblox Player. Click on it, then click “Uninstall” and wait for that to finish.
- Do the same for the program Roblox Studio.
- Go to the Official Roblox Website.
- Find any game, click Play.
- Roblox will see that you do not have Roblox installed, and it will take you to the installation page.
- Follow the on screen instructions to Install Roblox.
Facing these Roblox errors while playing could be frustrating.
We cannot stop them as this is not in our control, but the one thing that we can actually work on is fixing these errors.
The best part we have created guides for all kinds of Roblox errors that you can fix with simple steps.
We hope this article on fixing Error Code 6 was helpful to you. Please let us know in the comments which solution worked best for you.
If you ever face any issue with any game or computer in the future, feel free to contact us and we will try our best to create a guide to resolve such an error for you.