Due to discord’s amazing features, it has become one of the widely used apps by many gamers worldwide in a very short period.
Not only gamers but other people also use it for video and voice chatting. And due to its immense popularity and amazing features, it can now be installed on PS4 as well.
Table Of Content
How To Install Discord on PS4:
Therefore, if you want to install and use the amazing features of discord on your PS4, then here are some of the things you need to know.
Can discord connect with the PS4 account?
While using a PS4, you need an account. Therefore, in order to connect discord with your PS4 account to use it, you need to sing in from the discord app.
Due to the discord app’s amazing features, a number of users have sent forward the requests to the discord official support.
They have requested the developers to make an app that is compatible with the PS4 also. But there has been no update regarding the app being launched for use on PS4.
But that does not mean that you cannot enjoy the amazing features of Discord on your PS4. Because there is a way you can as long as there is no version officially released for use on your console.
This method takes quite a bit of time, and you will need some equipment to set it up. But all the effort is worth it.
Setting up discord on your PS4 console:
As already explained, setting up Discord on PS4 takes some time and effort, but the results are worth going through all that trouble.
Before we begin with setting up discord, the equipment that you will need for the setup is as follows:
- A headset. You can have any that can be connected with a USB connection and has an optical cable, like A40 TR.
- A device such as Mixamp or Mixamp Pro TR so that you can switch audio between the PS4 and your desktop.
- 3.5mm Cables with Male to Male.
- 3.4 mm to 3.5 MM with volume.
- Discord installed on your desktop PC. This is optional.
You can find the different versions of discord for MAC or Linux on the official discord website. So download it from there and then install it on your desktop computer.
Getting discord for PS4:
As explained earlier, you can simply download the version of discord that is compatible with different OS. But you cannot find the one that is compatible with PS4.
Therefore, you need to follow the following steps to get it for your PS4 console.
- Open your discord account on your PC or Mobile phone.
- Open the browser on your PS4 console.
- Search for Discord in the web browser on your console.
- Click on OK, fill the account and password information on the browser.
- Login to your account for Discord.
Using Discord on your PS4:
Follow the steps mentioned below to start using discord on your PS4.
- Connect the optical cables that you have with you with your mixamp pro and PS4 so that you can switch audio.
- Go to PS4 setting, then sound and screen settings and then Audio Output setting. Change the primary output to Digital output here.
- Plug one end of the USB cable in on your base station while the other end connects to your PC. For this to work, you need to make sure that the base station is in the PC mode.
- Now open Discord on your PC and change the input device in the voice settings to the MIxamp.
- Use the 3.5mm audio jack that you have with you to run it from the PC speaker.
- Now go to voice settings in discord and change the output device to the speakers of your PC.
By following all the steps mentioned above in the same way as they have been explained here, you can use the talking feature of discord and use your PS4 simultaneously.
But there can be some problems while using that. One of those problems is discord search not working. Due to this, you won’t be able to hear the audio that is being played on your computer.
The reason for that is your PS4, instead of fetching audio from the PC, is fetching it from mixamp pro. Therefore, if you face this issue, here is how you can fix it.
- All you have to do is plug the 3.5 to 3.5mm cable onto the port on your PC while the Aux port is on the MIxamp.
- Now change the output device to the speakers.
And the problem will go away.
Joining a PS4 party on PC:
An amazing feature is the PS4 party chat. If you don’t know what that is, then keep reading.
This feature allows you to do voice chat with your friends and numerous other players playing on a PS4.
The most interesting fact regarding this feature is that you can chat while playing any game or using any app with the help of this. You can share your screen within the party as well.
Therefore, if you want to join a PS4 chat party on your PC, here is how to do that.
- Download the software PS4 Remote play on the PC.
- Login to your PS account after running this software.
- Turn your PS4 console on.
- On your PC, connect to the party chat option.
- Keep playing the software in the background.
Now you can use the amazing party joining feature on your PC as well.
We hope that with the help of this guide and the easy steps mentioned here, you can use the amazing features of discord on your PS4 as well.
You’ll also like:
- Better Discord: How To Install And Use It
- Fix: Discord Screen Share Audio Not Working Issue
- How To Disable Discord On Start-Up
- Fix: Discord Notification Sound Not Working Issue
- How To Make A Welcome Channel In Discord